Pages

SPOT TRACKER LIVE MAP

Monday, March 5, 2012

Greetings From LAX

I am staying at the Westin Hotel - LAX here right next to the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX).  In fact looking out my hotel window to the south I have a perfect view of what must be today's preferred runway for commuter and general aviation aircraft.  As you can imagine it is a busy place.  Luckily this hotel is very well built and I don't hear any of the nearby aircraft operations.

All went well today after I got away from the "black ice" of Indianapolis.  Fortunately I had stayed at a motel near the Indianapolis airport last night and dodged what had to be a very messy commute.  I have to thank Barb for that one - I probably wouldn't have thought of it myself.  The only black ice problem that I had this morning was walking across the hotel parking lot to leave some things in the car that I have parked there for the duration of this trip.

One of today's flight attendants said that 32 people did not show up for the flight due to weather conditions.  My seatmates - a young couple from Fountain County, Indiana headed to Las Vegas to get married later today - said that they had a lot of problems driving from their home to the airport.  Once we got moving US Air was early into Phoenix International and on time to LAX.

None of my fishing partners are here yet.  The Wheatley's are due at LAX at 7:15 PM PST from Maryland via Philadelphia on  US Air.  Gene Henry will be flying here from Arkansas via Dallas early Tuesday morning, arriving about 10AM PST on American. Could it be that the Eagle Creek Coffee Shop's own Captain Mike will pilot him here?  Could be, but I have never heard him speak of flying the Rogers, AR to Dallas route or a Dallas to LAX route.  After we all have rendezvoused all we have left is to patiently wait for our 9:15PM departure from LAX to Auckland, NZ. 


No comments:

Post a Comment