Pages

SPOT TRACKER LIVE MAP

Monday, March 12, 2012

Tomorrow (Tuesday in NZ, Monday in the US) is Moving Day

Tomorrow the only goal that we have is pack up our stuff and move about 125 miles SE of here.  We will travel in our rental cars for about 2 1/2 hours and hope that we can remember which side of the road to be on for the entire trip. 

I have to say that this is the most physically demanding fishing and technical fishing that I have ever had to deal with.  I have enjoyed it immensely, although I wasn't always able to realize how much I was enjoying it.  The long hikes carrying a back pack trying desperately to keep up with a Kiwi guide who just lopes across this country are strenuous to say the least.  River crossings are a trip in themselves as guide and angler hang on to one another and off you go.  

Other than the one exception today a single bad cast often badly spooks a fish that you worked so hard to find and then get into position to make the cast.  I found myself wishing that I had my grandson, Keegan, here to help me scramble up and down the steep riverbanks.  I think that I might have worn the butt out of my brand new waders sliding down the steep banks.  Today's banks were the steepest of all - often 25' to 30' high.  Arghh, it hurts to even think about that tonight.

Tomorrow is travel and rest and then back to the fishing wars for 3 more days.  I am expecting more of the same in our new lodge, Riverview Lodge, near Hamner Springs.  We'll see what the reality is.

No comments:

Post a Comment